Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Go Go Light
A couple of weeks ago I set about our house to pick out a "lovey" for Mary. I was about to try to get her to sleep on her own (as opposed to nursing to sleep for every nap and bedtime) and I figured a stuffed animal may help her make the transition a little easier. I decided on the glow worm we got her awhile back. I have fond memories of my own glow worm from years ago! Glow Worm has really done his job well, I was shocked to find out how easily the transition went. For naps and the first part of the night until Jeff and I go to bed, Mary now sleeps on her own in the pack & play in our room. This is a huge relief to me because I could never count on her falling and staying asleep for even 1/2 hour at a time in the evenings without having to go back in and nurse her again. The nicknames for Glow Worm have evolved over the last couple of weeks to finally settling on "Go Go Light". She knows now when we go get Go Go Light its time for bedtime. As soon as I hand him to her, she gives him a cuddle and a kiss. She can press his tummy herself and every night we hear her on the monitor playing a few songs as she falls asleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's wonderful!
Post a Comment