This was Mary's first time in Hawaii, the last time we were there Nathaniel was 5 months old.
Our first day after naps we headed straight for the ocean. Nathaniel giggled as the waves knocked him all around! Note that I actually got IN the ocean this time. I have a bit of a phobia about the ocean, and all the strange creatures it contains. :)

A photo of just Jeff and me! The last one was probably before Nathaniel was born, ha ha.

We took a whale watching cruise one morning, as February is the peak time to see them in Hawaii. The kids were really cranky at first and Mary ended up sleeping almost through the entire thing. Nathaniel ended up really enjoying it until the end when he was feeling icky due to the boat rocking back and forth and also fell asleep.

Jeff and I went to a luau one evening. It was a fabulous date night out! We attended this same luau last trip and I missed almost all of it while I paced back and forth in the back with a tired infant.
The next day the kids liked trying on the leies we received at the luau!

For another date night out we drove to Sea House, a restaurant on the ocean a little north of where we were staying. I discovered a wonderful drink there called the Lava Flow. It's basically a pina colada with strawberries blended in. YUM.

Mary made QUITE a few new friends on Maui. She made adult friends wherever we went because they all thought she was quite adorable in her sunhat and sunglasses. She made baby and toddler friends wherever we went by walking up to them, pronouncing them a "Baby!" and then insisting on pointing out his or her eyes, hair, shirt, etc. One of the toddlers she came upon started pointing out all Mary's features as well! Mary liked this friend the best of all, and tried going home with that family instead!

3 comments:
I enjoyed these photos so much that I sent the link to the rest of the playgroup- hope you don't mind! So happy you guys enjoyed yourselves!
Wow, I'm totally jealous! What wonderful pictures! It sounds like a great trip. The kids are good ages for traveling I think.
Liz, you look great! It looks like so much fun. Glad to see the pictures!
Post a Comment