Truly Blessed

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mama's New Mobile


I got a new phone this week. At the risk of sounding materialistic, I LOVE IT. I've been complaining to Jeff that I can no longer instant message him at work. His firm upgraded their interoffice instant messaging service and it is no longer compatible with AIM. So I've been really missing my quick little chats with my hubby during the day. We came up with a solution: upgrade to a cell phone plan with texting capabilities. Normally I'm a pretty low maintenance person tech-wise. I don't have a laptop. I don't have an I-pod. Prior to this week my cell phone was rarely charged or on. It was something I threw into my diaper bag along with the car charging cord for if I had an emergency. But now just in the past few days I have:
  • texted Jeff with random questions that normally I would try to remember for when he got home but then forget until the next day while he was at work
  • sent Jeff and my Mom photos from my camera phone of what the kids are doing throughout the day
  • chatted with a friend over MSN
  • set up a playdate over texts
  • texted little love notes back and forth with Jeff and smiled a lot more than usual during my day
I don't know how I got along before as a stay-at-home-mom without it!

2 comments:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

LOL Glad you like your cell phone... I still have absolutely no desire for one.

The Gabel Family said...

I hear more and more how much stay-at-home moms love texting, too. I've tried it once, but I'm still not a fan. At least yet...:)