It's official, "dino" is Mary's 35th spoken word. Hmmm, can you tell she has a big brother? Equally as amusing is the fact that she learned "car" and "dolly" in the same week.
I've been attempting to keep track of Mary's word acquisition, at least until her 18 month birthday, because I didn't do it for Nathaniel and I've often wished I had. It's exciting the closer we get to 40 words, because typically children will have a language explosion after that, acquiring 8-10 words per week. Mary's right on track to have that happen at 18 months.
Here's the list for you grandparents out there to admire:
Dada
Uh Oh
Duck
Hi
nigh nigh
help
ball
Mama (although I'm still more frequently called Daddy than Mama!)
hat
wawa (for water)
hot
up
bye
more
apple
light
wet
down
all done
Natty (nickname for Nathaniel)
cow
belly
rub
book
car
dolly
sorry
bubble
thanks
cheese
Papa
please
mine (this is a fun one)
ice (She's getting three teeth right now, so she's sucking on a lot of this)
dino
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice list of words she's saying!
Post a Comment