Truly Blessed

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Church Giggles

Today at the 5:00pm Mass it was hard not to giggle as we walked back to our seats in the Communion line. Nathaniel was in Daddy's arms and generally when we approach the Blessed Sacrament he is quiet and still in a state of wonder at being up in front of Church. Jeff performed his usual attempt-to-pin-the-toddler's-arms-down-so-he-won't-grab-at-and-spill-the-hosts-all-over-the-floor move but Nathaniel wrested his arm free and held it out to the Eucharistic Minister, saying loudly, "Have some?" And then during the long walk back to our seats the entire congregation was treated to him demanding, "I want to have some! I want to have some!" The two of them were following Mary and me and at one point I could very clearly hear Jeff whisper behind me, "You can have some goldfish crackers as soon as we get back to the pew."

Someone please help me remember to tell this story at Nathaniel's First Holy Communion.

Oh, and I can't forget the giggling from the family just behind us at Nathaniel calling our pew the "puke". Never ever a dull moment at Mass with a toddler! I much prefer the giggling moments to the embarassing toddler running in the aisles moments!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

so funny.

We had a church giggle moments today. As we were leaving, Austin says at the top of his lungs in his squeaky little voice, I wanna eat body of christ. It's yummy.

ummmmmmm

Poor Mike didn't know what to say, he said something to effect of you need to be quiet and more respectful and the body of Christ isn't yummy, it's holy. Then Austin goes, yep, it's holy.

Trying to explain these things to a 2 year old sure gets amusing doesn't it?

Patrizzia said...

Cute!

So do you always go to Saturday mass instead of Sunday. I am finding it hard to do it Sunday morning... I think I may try Saturday.

Heather the Mama Duk said...

LOL Love it (since he's not mine lol)