Truly Blessed

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Rainbow For Daddy

Recently Nathaniel graduated from drawing straight scribble lines to attempting circles. I thought that was an exciting feat, but then yesterday when we were making a card for Daddy's birthday he started drawing lines on one side in various colors. At one point he turned to me and said, "I'm drawing a rainbow"! I looked closer and thought wow!! He's totally drawing a rainbow! I had never tried to get him to draw a rainbow. I had never tried to get him to draw anything that wasn't a simple shape!

Because Jeff's card was on dark paper I knew it would be hard to scan or take a picture of to show you all so I had him try to recreate it today. I know it's not the best picture but can you see it? Over on the right side? And the circles that are on the left? I'm so proud!!

1 comment:

Special K said...

Oh I love it! Logan's first attempt at a real thing was a rainbow as well! I didn't even know he knew what they were. Sylvie's is faces. She loves faces. And right now they are in a "robot" phase which is really cute.