Truly Blessed

Monday, June 22, 2009

First Swim

We just got back from a trip up north to Duluth, MN. I have more pictures than I know what to do with, so you will be getting them in installments! While we were there Mary went swimming for the very first time. She was not a fan! The hotel pool was actually quite warm for pool standards, but she shivered the whole time and didn't crack one smile. I was surprised, she usually loves her baths so I thought she'd love swimming just as much as her big brother.

Daddy and Nathaniel are excited for Mary to come swimming!

This is a LOT colder than my bath!

Splashing doesn't make this any warmer, Nathaniel!

Swirling around in the water with Daddy doesn't make it any warmer, either.

I am NOT going to smile at the camera, Mommy. I'm going to clutch Daddy's arm and shiver.

Where's the hot tub, Mommy?




2 comments:

The Gabel Family said...

I LOVE the look on the kids faces! Mary really does look like a trooper...not wanting to be there, but if her big brother likes it, maybe she'll try it. Nathaniel is trying so hard to help her like it, too! So cute!!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

LOL Nathaniel and Mary are the opposite of Fritz and Adrian. Fritz hates swimming while Adrian is likely part fish.