Truly Blessed

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Scissors Mishap

Nathaniel did his first real naughty thing this past weekend. He chopped the front of his hair off! Jeff and I aren't quite sure when he did it. He has been really working on his cutting skills lately, he loves to cut paper and images out of magazines for art projects. I had a forgotten pair of baby scissors in the changing table drawer and last week I walked into his room while he was supposed to be getting dressed, and caught him holding the scissors up to his hair. I freaked out and took them from him, hid them away, and told him not to do it again. Then on Sunday Jeff and I both kind of looked at him at one point and asked each other, "Did Nathaniel cut his hair?" Apparently there had been TWO forgotten pairs of baby scissors and he found the second pair in the same drawer, and decided to give himself a little trim at some point. His hair was getting pretty long so a haircut was due, but now the situation warranted an immediate trip to the salon.



After getting a proper haircut yesterday from a professional, it's still a little noticeable, but hair grows so I'm not really upset about it. It's definitely not as bad a scissor mishap as when Jeff ended up in the emergency room after falling on a pair of scissors and cutting his arm at age 2. And at least I don't have to go through what Grandma Sandy did when Auntie Colleen decided to trim her bangs up just before our portraits were scheduled. We had to wait so long for her hair to grow out that my sisters and I all just barely squished into our fancy dresses for the photo shoot quite a few months later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ani cut her hair when she was 3 1/2. Cut it majorly. It grew back. Fritz just cut a chunk out of Adrian's hair and a bit out of the front of his own hair a couple weeks ago. Luckily Adrian's never had a haircut and Fritz has relatively wild hair so neither chop job is obvious. Not like Ani's. She did like Nathaniel. Totally obvious.