Truly Blessed

Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Little Fish

When we brought Nathaniel home from the hospital, he cried and screamed every time water touched him. He hated baths for the first few weeks. Then suddenly he relaxed in the water and started enjoying the experience. It seems that ever since, the screaming only occurs while we drag him away from the bath, shower, lake, or pool! This fall we enrolled him in swimming lessons and Daddy takes him every Saturday morning. There are no other toddlers in his class, so he gets bonus one-on-one lessons! He's already learned a lot: how to kick his legs and scoop water with his hands, floating on his back with Daddy's help, and "monkey crawling" along the side of the pool. This past Saturday Mary and I watched (well, Mary slept while I watched) from the edge of the pool and I took some action shots!

Monkey crawl!
Can't I swim some more, PLEASE?

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

How cute! Glad he's liking the water. Fritz still despises it. Getting him to take a bath today was like pulling teeth. Putting him in the pool makes people look at us like we're abusing him somehow.