Truly Blessed

Friday, September 5, 2008

Stepping Into Reading

Nathaniel loves the alphabet, and can recognize all the uppercase letters. He occasionally confuses I and J, but otherwise he's generally dead on. I have always been a big reader, so it is exciting that he seems to have a natural ability for it so far. We've been talking about letter sounds and he can sometimes figure out what letter starts certain words. The other day we were discussing how Mama starts with M, and he said "and Mary too!". He just amazes me with all this stuff.

I would recommend the following to anyone who has a child nearing the age of reading:

1 comment:

Heather the Mama Duk said...

We've got quite a collection of the stepped reading books from pre-level 1 through level 4. There are a lot of great ones.

I finally broke down and let Fritz touch the computer. He played on Starfall tonight. And LOVED it. And so did the big two. They played on it with him.