My friend Becky blogged today that she just discovered her favorite color. Mine has been the same for awhile: blue. When I was a kid it was purple, and then it was red for tiny bit. I finally settled on blue sometime in college. When Jeff and I were engaged, I read about the Catholic tradition of having a Marian wedding, and because this meant dedicating our big day to the Blessed Mother and using my favorite color blue, that's what we decided to do. At the time "periwinkle" was all the rage, and I actually had some difficulty finding a good light blue shade for the bridesmaids. Here's what having the color blue for a favorite says about my personality, according to the author of "The Healing Power of Color":
"Soft, soothing, compassionate and caring, Blue is the color of deliberation and introspection, conservatism and duty. Patient, persevering, conscientious, sensitive and self-controlled, Blues like to be admired for their steady character and wisdom. They are faithful, but are often worriers with somewhat inflexible beliefs and can be too cautious, and suspicious of flamboyant behavior."
I seriously couldn't think up a better description of me! Well, the patience and self-control is a work in progress, of course. :)
Go here to check out what your favorite color says about you!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like lavender. It says:
This is often chosen by a person who lives “on a higher plane,” who never notices anything sordid and who is always impeccably and beautifully dressed. Lavender people may be on a continual quest for culture and the refined things of life, high and noble causes but without the necessity of getting their hands dirty. A Lavender person is usually creative, charming, witty and civilized.
Not quite sure how accurate it is. I know the part about being dressed well isn't since my clothes generally have baby spit up on them lol
Post a Comment