Truly Blessed

Friday, February 27, 2009

Mary Poppins Envy

The more children I have the more messes I have to clean up, and the more I am envious of Mary Poppins' ability to snap her fingers and have books put themselves neatly on the bookshelf, beds make themselves neat, and toys hop themselves back into the toybox. However, the number one thing I would use this talent for is not to clean up messes without doing the hard work, but to get Nathaniel and Mary looking like this with one snap of my fingers:

It is such an exhausting charade to get my children crammed into their shoes, coats, hats, mittens and carseats, and as you can see in Mary's expression above it rarely occurs without some tears (occasionally including my own).

Oh, and while I'm wishing for Mary Poppins' magical abilities, I'd love to have a diaper bag that I could stuff anything including the kitchen sink into!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Oh what I would pay for the Mary Poppins finger snapping magic! You're so right, the cleaning would be nice but getting everyone dressed and out of the door is downright painful sometimes! I can only imagine how much harder it is where you live!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Oh, yeah. That would be awesome!