I've been writing down so many of Nathaniel's silly sayings lately it occured to me that there are quite a few things I say VERY often. Here are some of them:
"Do you want to do it by yourself, or do you want Mommy's help?" (Said when I want Nathaniel to do something and he doesn't want to do it. It's amazing how the "threat" of Mommy helping will quickly spur a toddler into action!)
"Please keep your hands to yourself." (I must say this one eighty times a day. Why is it Nathaniel MUST mess with his little sister at all times? It's usually not too violent - but she doesn't appreciate the poking and tickling and hugging 24/7!)
"Good Morning, Mary!" (Since she takes three naps a day, I go in to get Mary FOUR times every day right after she has woken up.)
"No more yogurt sticks!" (See previous Toddlerisms post.)
"Ohhh, my two babies!" (I said this once while I was cuddling with both kids at the same time and now any time the two of them are anywhere near me at the same time - which is pretty frequent - Nathaniel wants me to say that.)
"How do you ask for that politely?" (Said after Nathaniel has demanded something.)
"In the great green room...." (Goodnight Moon is recited twice daily in the York household, once for Nathaniel's nap and once right before bedtime.)
And finally:
"I love you!" (Because these are Mommyisms, after all!)
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice post, Liz. My 2.5 year old recently threw out the term "con-see-kence" (i.e. consequence). We talk ALOT about choices and consequences in our house! Made me laugh to hear that word out of such a little mouth. ;)
The other terms she throws out recently is "I don't like that behavior" or "that's ina-po-piate". They really give you a sense of what you look like as a mother, don't they?!
Those are great. It's funny how we all say things over and over and over to toddlers.
I'm amazed any subsequent child has eyes by the time they turn one. I'm forever telling Fritz not to touch Adrian's eyes.
Post a Comment