Truly Blessed

Monday, September 21, 2009

Little Mommy

For her birthday Jeff and I got Mary a toddler sized doll stroller, a doll, and a doll highchair. My Mom and Grandma also gave her an antique doll from my Grandma's collection. I thought she probably wasn't completely ready for dolls, but maybe she would be by this winter. Well, she LOVES them already! She carries the antique doll around all over the house. She loves to give her kisses and put her in the stroller for walks. Even when she's not playing with Dolly, she has her on the ground at her feet until she's ready to move onto the next activity, and then Dolly gets picked up and moved to the next toy. Here are some pictures of our little Mommy!

Dolly accompanying Mary as she plays:


Apparently face down is the most comfortable position for Dolly in the stroller:


Dolly is frequently affectionately carried either upside down or by the scruff of her neck.

Dolly kisses!

P.S. If someone has a hair tie recommendation that cannot be removed by a one year old, please let me know! :)

5 comments:

Monika said...

Liz,
I have been using these tiny rubber bands on Sofi for a few months now. I found them at the dollar store for $1 for 500.
They are virtually impossible for a 1-2 year old to take out, but I can pull them gently out if Sofi cooperates. They usually break after 1-2 uses, but I haven't had to buy a new pack yet!

Lizzy said...

You know, I have some somewhere, I tried them when Mary didn't have as much hair and they didn't work so well. But I bet now they'd work great, thanks!

Becky said...

My aunt bought Lucy an American Girl doll when she was about 20 months old - I thought it was too expensive for a child so young and that she wouldn't play with it or take care of it. Boy did she prove me wrong - it has been her favorite doll until today! We have similar photos of Lucy playing dolls at Mary's age. So much fun, and so good for them!

Carly Hale said...

I just gave Cecilia bangs :) She just wouldn't keep things in her hair. It's finally getting better now, but some days are harder than others! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

What a cute little mommy!