Truly Blessed

Friday, September 11, 2009

What's In a Name, Anyway?


A few weeks ago while eating cauliflower -
Nathaniel: Mama can I have some more of that?
Me: Do you know what "that" is called?
Nathaniel: Yeah, white broccoli!
Me: It's actually called cauliflower, Nathaniel.
Nathaniel: OK can I have some more cauliflower?

A couple weeks ago, eating cauliflower again -
Nathaniel: I like this flower broccoli, Mama.
Me: It's cauliflower, Nathaniel. I'm glad you like it!

Two days ago while eating broccoli -
Nathaniel: This is good green cauliflower, Mama!
Me: I give up!!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

hey! at least he's eating his veggies :)

Claire said...

lol...at my house broccoli is called "trees" and cauliflower is "white trees." I don't even fight it...I'm just glad they're eating it. I'm always sad when they outgrow a babyish term anyway...and they always do, despite my lack of corrections.

Julia said...

hahaha... seriously cracked me up. He's too cute.