Truly Blessed

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Proud Preschooler

Nathaniel completed his chore chart last week, earning stickers for every activity, every day! I am happy to report that the chart worked like a charm... bedtime (and other chores) are going SO much better using this system. He is super excited about his smiley face stickers and his quarter at the end of each day.

Yesterday we ran an errand to Walmart and while we were there Nathaniel (as per usual) started begging me for a new hot wheels car. I started to give him my normal response at first ("You have lots of cars at home, in a little bit we'll go home and you can play with them all.") Then I remembered he has his own money now, so I told him if he really wanted a new car it would cost four quarters. He agreed, and we went to the car aisle to pick one out. I planned on not letting him open it up until I received payment but he didn't even ask. He held his packaged hot wheels car in his hands until we got home and then ran to dump out his piggy bank and pay up!